Garage Door Opener Replacement
Customer Issue: Ms. Livingston was well aware of the fact that her existing opener was long past its life-cycle.
Our Solution: Repairing such an outdated model would take more time because there were no easily available replacement parts on the market. Ms. Livingston needed a faster solution that would last for a long time, so she asked us to help her choose a new model and we did as asked. We returned with the model she decided on, completed the installation and programmed it. Last but not least, we showed Ms. Livingston how to operate the new component.
Customer Issue: One of Mr. Argenti’s lift cables came out of its spool.
Our Solution: Detaching and unwinding both lift cables in their entirety gave us a look at the roots of the situation. The left cord was still serviceable, but the right was torn loose entirely. After cleaning and oiling the spool, pulley, and door hook, our team spooled up the new cord for testing.
Customer Issue: Mrs. Singh’s opener kept bringing the door to a stop lower and lower to the ground when told to open.
Our Solution: Our team recognized this immediately as the symptoms of miscalibrated opener settings. The technicians restored the destination and movement settings to fit the door’s dimensions, and removed the dials for cleaning and rust removal to prevent them from slipping again. A more thorough inspection revealed frayed electrical wiring inside the housing unit, which we immediately replaced.
Customer Issue: Misaligned safety sensors.
Our Solution: We checked the wiring and the lenses of the sensors, and then proceeded to realign them to the correct position. Then we tested the door several times, and made sure that it was able to not only close again, but that it still reversed when something got in its way.
Customer Issue: Broken garage door spring.
Our Solution: We quickly got to the customer's home and began working on his door. We carefully detached the damaged torsion spring from its shaft and removed it. Then we installed a new one in its place and made sure that it was properly adjusted.
Customer Issue: Damaged tracks.
Our Solution: An accident involving the customer's car had resulted in some serious damage to the vertical tracks. We disconnected the door from its spring and cables, replaced the tracks with new ones and then reattached everything and inserted the rollers into the new tracks. Before leaving, we made sure the system could open and close smoothly by testing it several times.